5 July 2020
THE BOUNDARY MANAGER
Founded in 1859 and located in the heart of the city, Bath Cricket Club received special designation from the England & Wales Board to be a hub for cricket in the community - particularly for the benefit of children and young people. We became a registered charity in 2003 and in 2019 spent £600,000 fulfilling our charitable objectives. We are committed to building a sustainable cricket club for the whole community and promoting a healthy lifestyle for all. This is a fantastic time to be joining the club as we embark on an exciting new chapter facilitated by the development of new student accommodation above our car park.
Reporting to The General Manager, Bath Cricket Club is seeking a dedicated individual with the experience and energy to develop, grow and run “The Boundary” - the Club’s hospitality offering. This is an excellent opportunity to bring your experience and proven track record in brand development and sales growth. You will have autonomy to deliver an amazing hospitality experience for all our cricketing and non-cricketing stakeholders.
Core responsibilities of The Boundary Manager include:
Marketing and Growth
· Deliver a new brand strategy for The Boundary.
· Develop and execute bespoke sales and profit growth strategies.
· Generate hospitality content for the website and club’s social media channels.
· To partner with local media channels.
· Partner with media channels to promote The Boundary and establish a strong reputation within the city.
· To be an active ambassador for the charitable and community objectives of the club.
- Deliver all aspects of the events hosted by The Boundary during the cricket season (April to early September) and outside the cricket season (late September to March) including:
- Managing the events calendar throughout the year
- Pre event planning and post event evaluation
- Line management responsibility for all staff required to run The Boundary, including appropriate inductions and consideration of future training needs.
- Ensure standards of food hygiene in line with The Foods Standards Agency
- Work effectively with, and be an active contributor to, the club’s leadership team to enable the club to deliver our long-term vision to invest in the future of cricket at Bath Cricket Club and the community we are a part of.
- Working closely with and supported by the Finance Director, P&L responsibility for The Boundary including budgeting, capital expenditure proposals, margin management and monthly financial and operational reports.
This job profile is not an extensive or definitive list of all possible job responsibilities. These may evolve considering business needs and at the direction of The General Manager.
- Demonstrate 5 years + experience in hospitality and events.
- Have experience in Business to Business development and relationship building.
- Experience in advertising, marketing and social media outlets to establish local awareness and reputation.
- Demonstrate strong strategic awareness and the ability to execute upon The Boundary objectives.
- Have a strong understanding of customer advocacy and the importance of customer experience.
- Experience of managing a small team.
- NVQ Qualification in Food Preparation & Cooking.
- Flexible approach to hours of work including the willingness and ability to work weekends and bank holidays
- Demonstrate strong organisation, teamwork, IT and administrative skills.
- Full driving license.
- An interest in cricket and sport in general
Hours of Work:
37.5 hours a week on average over a 52-week year.
25 days holiday
£30,000 - 32,000 p.a.
How to apply:
E-mail your CV and a covering letter addressed for the attention of the General Manager email@example.com / Bath Cricket Club, North Parade Bridge Road, Bath BA2 4EX