Job Vacancy - Community Coach
19 August 2021
SCHOOL & COMMUNITY CRICKET COACH
Founded in 1859, Bath Cricket Club is a leading community cricket club which has been designated a focus club by the England & Wales Board to be a hub of the community network for cricket development, particularly for the benefit of children and young people. It is located within the recreational heart of the city sharing spectacular views from its ground of Bath Abbey and the Empire Hotel.
Bath Cricket Club is seeking a dedicated School & Community Cricket Coach with the energy, enthusiasm, talent and experience to take a key role in the development and delivery of junior and youth cricket in our growing school and community programme. This represents a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic coach to join a highly ambitious club with a playing membership of more than 80 adults and 250 juniors (boys and girls). Reports to the Junior & Community Cricket Manager
Core responsibilities of the Schools & Community Cricket Coach include:
· Deliver high quality and inspiring cricket sessions to school children throughout the year.
· 1:1 Mentor for children to help manage their mental health and develop coping strategies and improve self-esteem
· Drive engagement and retention of female players in primary, secondary and further education
· Deliver a development programme for SCB that supports disability cricket in in schools and the community
· Meet with teachers and Sports Heads of Department to promote BCC’s school & community offering to help increase participation in cricket at all local cricket clubs in Bath.
· Co-Lead and deliver on the BCC Holiday camp cricket programmes.
· Co-Lead and deliver on the BCC Youth and Development cricket programmes.
· Promote pupil migration from school satellite clubs to local cricket clubs in Bath.
· Deliver a development programme for SCB on Saturday mornings (Nov, Dec & Jan).
· Expected to attend relevant training courses and gain qualifications to ensure the product they provide is always of the highest possible quality.
· Provide regular reports to the Junior & Community Cricket Manager.
Contribute to the development of the BCC community strategy and work effectively with and contribute to the Cricket Management and Coaching Group (CMCG) at BCC to generate ideas, execute plans and collaborate so shared goal are achieved.
Additional responsibilities of the Schools & Community Cricket Coach include:
· There may be further opportunity to work as an SCCB coach in their District & County age group programme.
Generate junior schools and community cricket content for the website and club’s social media channels and develop opportunities to sell the Bath Cricket Club story.
This job profile is not an extensive or definitive list of all possible job responsibilities. These may evolve considering business needs and at the direction of the Leadership Team.
· Possess a ECB Performance Coach UKCC Level 2 coaching qualification (minimum)
· Experience of planning and evaluating high quality coaching sessions in school, club & wider community environments.
· Demonstrate experience of the successful delivery of cricket programmes in the primary & secondary education sector.
· Experience of coaching on a “Chance to Shine” programme
· Demonstrate a passion for cricket and an ambitious approach to improvement and success.
· Demonstrate strong organisation, teamwork and administrative skills.
· Member of ECBCA.
· Full driving license and access to own vehicle.
Able to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends
· Mental Health First Aid qualification
· Other sport coaching qualification(s).
IT (especially with social media) proficiency.
4th October 2021 for a fixed 1-year Term with the potential to extend
Hours of Work:
30 hours a week.
For the purposes of calculating pay the hours are 30 hours per week to be worked between Monday to Sunday. The role holder will need to be able to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends. Hours will be agreed with the Junior & Community Cricket Manager on a regular basis.
£17,500-22,500 depending on experience and qualifications
How to apply:
E-mail CV and covering letter addressed to Jonathan Green at Bath Cricket Club email@example.com by 23.59 Friday 10th September 2021.
Interviews are planned to take place over the week commencing 20th September 2021
23 November 2022
David Milns - Cricket Society talk - 13th December
12 November 2022
Car park access 5th November
3 November 2022
29 October 2022
Ed Smith - Cricket Society talk - 14th November
23 October 2022
Mark Ramprakash cricket talk
2 October 2022
Match reports 20/21 August
22 August 2022